Monday, January 17, 2011

Life's Long Roadtrip

"So, what do you want to do with your life?"
"You should be a lawyer, a doctor, an accountant, a consultant...blah, blah, blah."
Everywhere you turn people try to tell you who to be and what to do with your life. We call that THE NOISE.
Block it. Shed it. Leave it for the conformists. As a generation, we need to get back to focusing on individuality. Self-construction rather than mass production. Define your own road in life instead of traveling down someone else's. Listen to yourself. Your road is the OPEN road. Find it.
Find the open Road.
-Manifesto of Roadtrip Nation!
 I know most of you know this but I am still kind of trying to figure out my life and today I realized I don't need to. I watched part of the documentary(which now has episodes), called Roadtrip Nation. It is basically a bunch of interviews with random people.
Some people are well known while others are just ordinary people. It made me realize that I don't need to know exactly what I want to do because I have no idea where life will take me. Most of the people that were interviewed would never have guessed they would be where they are today. One of them said. "find your passion, something that will make you happy". In my class my professor passed around a red ball, when you got it you had to name your passion. I was nervous. I HATE talking in front of people and doing this type of stuff. In my head I was thinking what should i say, what should i say....AHHHHH!!!! If they would have thrown the ball to me, I probably would have peed my pants right there! But as I was thinking of what I like to do and what my passion maybe, I started to think of things I couldn't live without. I realized that I couldn't live without going to random fun events. I couldn't live without sports. Then it hit me. I have finally picked a major that I will probably like and stick with! The next thought for anyone who is normal would be excitement. But I am not normal. So I had a freak out, inside my head of course. I FINALLY found something. I realized that by taking chances I will get to the place I need to be in life. Who knows where I will be in a few years. I will take my roadtrip, my path is open. NOW is my chance!


2 comments:

  1. Audriana!

    Thank you for sharing your story and helping spread the word about the Roadtrip Nation Movement!

    We wish you all the best in defining your own road, stay in touch!
    All the best,
    -Roadtrip Nation

    ReplyDelete