Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Perfection"


Have you ever felt the need to be Perfect? Or you feel like the people around you are Perfect? Do you ever feel like the media has no idea what they are doing to kids these days? Do they realize that the way they portray people is WRONG? That nobody is really that skinny, and nobody has perfect hair all the time.They are wrong. Everyone struggles. We all struggle in different ways and that's why we have family and friends to help us through the tough times. I read this blog and it really made me stop and think. I am not gonna lie I did cry but if you read it, I think it will hit you too. Please take some time to read this, realize that people around you are struggling. Realize you need to be REAL.
BE YOURSELF, not what you think people want to see.

This is me trying to spread REAL. I am not going to tell you my deepest darkest secrets, or the things I am struggling with, but know that I do struggle, everyone does. It's normal, nobody is perfect. Please get REAL and help somebody out. You may not realize it but the people around you are struggling, be a good friend and make sure they know they can talk to you whenever they need to. It may seem like everything is ok on the outside, but wake up, its called a mask, a fake facade. I know sometimes its easier to put on a smile and pretend everything is alright and I realize that sometimes when you are struggling that's all you can do. I just want everyone to know that its ok not to be perfect. The definition of perfect is entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings. Do you realize that's basically impossible? I do believe that one day we will all be perfect and we will become that way through Jesus Christ. He will help us overcome our shortcomings, and our flaws. But until then, try to be the best person you can be, and while you are doing that realize its ok if sometimes you fall short. You don't need to feel ashamed or like everyone is better than you

I just want to end by saying this, Heavenly Father loves you. He knows who YOU are and he knows YOUR struggles and YOUR pain. Don't turn away, He will help you. And please please please realize that you don't need to be "Perfect" just be the best you. I hope this didn't make you sad, I just wanted to make you think. Make you realize you aren't alone. 

"This is me, weeping as I write, asking the good people of the world to find somebody to put their arm around and be "real". This is me, wishing that people would realize how beautiful they are, even with all of their imperfections. This is me, sad and desperate for the girls in this world to love themselves. This is me, a very imperfect man, trying to help others feel a little more perfect by asking you to act a little less perfect. Will you help me spread "Real"?... You never know who might be alive tomorrow because you were real today. You never know who needs to feel like they aren't alone in their inability to be perfect... Get vulnerable. Get real. Let's show the world that we're not defined by perfection." -Dan Pearce (If you want you can comment here on my blog or on his blog here
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment