Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy Day!!

Have any of you ever wanted something SO bad you were willing to do almost ANYTHING to get it?!

So as most of you know I am going into Parks and Recreation. Well to graduate they require a minor. Since I have been so close to getting a math minor (only 1 class left) I didn't want to turn my back on that now, so naturally I asked if a Math minor would work. In my mind I was certain they would say "Of course it is! It's math!" But they did not. I was thinking "Why not?! isn't math used in everyday life? isn't math the basis for everything? doesn't math make you smart?!" Well don't fret! After jumping through hoops, researching, stressing out about this (because who wants to get another minor when you want to be done in a year? slash if I had to get another minor I couldn't be done in a year), and getting a total of 6 canker sores (of course they came 2 at a time and would last anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks) I feel as though I have fought long and hard for it and guess what?! I won!! You better believe I feel like a million bucks right now! When I read the email at work I was about to jump out of my chair and do this...


In short...today I was FINALLY approved for a math minor :) Yes instead of taking only 1 more math class to fulfill the requirements, I had it changed to 2 so that it would apply better for my Parks and Recreation major. Oh Happy Day!
**Thank you to all of you who helped me and believed in me :)

P.S. if you haven't seen this movie you NEED to see it!! I LOVE IT. Pretty sure I watched it about 3 times in one week.

2 comments: