Thursday, March 8, 2012

Is it Spring yet?!





It looks like SPRING outside!!!! yay!! double yay because next week is spring break!!! I think we are mostly just going to be chillin but we will have fun doing our own thing...SO EXCITED!

I don't know about you but I have certain pictures that remind me of SPRING, this just happens to be one :) Last year I went to the  Color Festival with some friends and I am currently trying to talk my husband into going with me this year. Hopefully we do!!







Spring makes me want to get new clothes. If I ever get the chance here is my inspiration:

I LOVE cropped pants! want them in light yellow too


besides the pants I love the shoes! kinda addicted to shoes


This shirt is adorable





































I also want to make this shirt.  This is how you do it. It seems pretty easy...if only I had someone to sew with!! :) I also want to make a pencil skirt with some fabric I already have, maybe over spring break?! One more thing I want to make is this scarf. Here is how she did it. Pretty easy?! I hope so because I am new to this whole sewing thing. I probably need lessons first but oh well!


















Shout out to Laurel, Alissa and Kelly! We need to make some of these headbands for your daughters and us :) they are SO adorable!

ps I put a few songs that remind me of spring :) so you can keep listening if you so choose :)

6 comments:

  1. Dallin told me you guys might come down for a night next week. If you know me...you know I am ALWAYS up for a craft project. I don't think that shirt would look good on me, but I'd help you make one (I could totally see you in it). Or we could both make the scarfs and headbands. Love them. Do you have a sewing machine? I have one if you don't, but if you brought one down we could double time it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute headbands! I would love them for my girls...but I'm not the sewing type....I'll just supervise you and Alissa....ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a sewing machine so I will bring it!! We can make those headbands and scarfs or if you have another craft idea that would be fun let me know :) Laurel you can keep us company! :) I think this sounds like a great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I want in on the fun! I'll keep Laurel company! (and I'm pretty good at watching the girls ;o}) We can make it an all nighter--and at midnight, we can go over to Saratoga Springs for a swim!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally think we should do that mom! Was it last year that the two of us did that?! What time does the pool close? I swear we really did go at midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to come sew with you too! Darn distance! LOVE the shirt!

    ReplyDelete